Beyond the bright marquees and dim speakeasy, there is a timeless place where bouncy vaudeville meets soulful sounds and fresh comedy meets the glint of rhinestones. Smoke & Shadows is The Rockwell’s monthly burlesque and variety show that defies decade and genre, each time offering a new mix of performers from near and far for a sophisticated night of sparkle and showmanship.
On January 5 we celebrate NEW BEGINNINGS. Smoke & Shadows is kicking off 2019 with a brand new Saturday night revue featuring some of most fierce and acrobatic talent on the east coast:
* Smoldering burlesque and dynamic dance from traveling showgirl extraordinaire Vivi Noir
* Drop splits, sass, and class from Boston’s queen of queens Neon Calypso
* Soulful stylings from Caribbean singer/songwriter Rebecca Zama
* Dry wit and storytelling from featured comic Chris Post
* The usual shenanigans from dashing host Sammy Temper and burlesque goofball Elsa Riot
This show is ONE NIGHT ONLY!
Doors at 9pm
Show at 9:30pm
Seating; $20, general admission, 21+
Accessibility: The Rockwell is wheelchair accessible